This 1.0 hour continuing education course is for healthcare personnel including medical and general office staff that are required to complete Bloodborne Pathogen Training annually.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. List the basic components of OSHA’s bloodborne pathogens standard.
2. Describe two common bloodborne diseases and their modes of transmission.
3. Identify several types of personal protective equipment (PPE), work practices, and engineering controls that can help to decrease your risk of exposure.
4. Recognize warning labels.
5. Define an exposure incident and describe the follow-up required.